MyOlympus.org
The Photographic Community for Users of Olympus micro 4/3 digital cameras and E-series DSLRs

Birth

Birth
Copyright ©2006, Javier Elejalde
Viewed times

The birth of Urederra river (Urederra means "beautiful water" in Basque), in Urbasa

Photographer: Javier Elejalde
Folder: Javier's folder
Uploaded: 11-Jan-2006 07:46 CET
Current Rating: 5.50/2
View all ratings
Delete my rating
Model release available:
Camera: Olympus C5050
Exposure time: 1/30
Aperture:
Focal length: 7.1mm
Lens:
Focusing method:
ISO: 110
White balance: Auto
Flash: no
Image format: HQ
Processing applied:
Various:
Image resized to: 600x800

Comment/Rate Share this Image

NO SUBJECT

A bit dull but nice scenery anyway

Udo Altmann at 08:29 CET on 11-Jan-2006 [Reply]

NO SUBJECT

Udo Altmann wrote:
> A bit dull but nice scenery anyway
>
Thank you Udo, how do you think I could enhace the picture?
Regards,
Javier

Javier Elejalde at 15:27 CET on 11-Jan-2006 [Reply]

Birth

I think what Udo means is that this image lacks punch; that is it looks rather flat and not as interesting as it could've otherwise been. Compare it against the image that has been on the front page for almost a week now (Autumn Reflections by Dietrich Gloger), and you will see what I mean. How you make your photos to be interesting is entirely up to you. From my personal experience it all comes through experimentaion - whether it is a good compasition and camera handling or post-processing, and a little bit of time. Post-processing teaches me how to see a good composition and colors beforehand, so I would not have to spend too much time on "fixing" it later. And, of course, by taking camera to a little bit further shows me what really works for me the best. Good luck to you, and happy shooting,
-

Sergey Green at 17:06 CET on 14-Jan-2006 [Reply]

NO SUBJECT

> I think what Udo means is that this image lacks punch; that is it looks rather flat and not
Hello Sergey,

yes I meant flat but with respect to colours.

I tried a bit post-processing and got a distinct better result. May be Javier can replace it since I sent it to him. I like the colours and I think I can feel the atmosphere what is an important criterion for me.

Udo

Udo Altmann at 18:40 CET on 14-Jan-2006 [Reply]

Birth

Udo Altmann wrote:
> > I think what Udo means is that this image lacks punch; that is it looks rather flat and not
> Hello Sergey,
>
> yes I meant flat but with respect to colours.
>
> I tried a bit post-processing and got a distinct better result. May be Javier can replace
> it since I sent it to him. I like the colours and I think I can feel the atmosphere what is
> an important criterion for me.
>
> Udo
>

You can upload it to a common folder (not private) and select not visible. Something like that. And then provide only the link to where interested parties can look at. Someone had done it with some of my images, and I thought it was rather useful.
-

Sergey Green at 22:55 CET on 14-Jan-2006 [Reply]

Improved ?

> You can upload it to a common folder (not private) and select not visible. Something like
> that. And then provide only the link to where interested parties can look at. Someone had
> done it with some of my images, and I thought it was rather useful.
Thanks Sergey,

I didn't think of this possibility. See http://myolympus.org/document.php?id=5142

Udo

Udo Altmann at 11:55 CET on 15-Jan-2006 [Reply]

NO SUBJECT

Udo Altmann wrote:
> > You can upload it to a common folder (not private) and select not visible. Something like
> > that. And then provide only the link to where interested parties can look at. Someone had
> > done it with some of my images, and I thought it was rather useful.
> Thanks Sergey,
>
> I didn't think of this possibility. See http://myolympus.org/document.php?id=5142
>
> Udo
>

Udo and Sergey,

thank you very much for your comments; after all, knowing the best way to improve my photographs taking/editing technique is the reason for getting interested in this page.

Best regards,
Javier

Javier Elejalde at 08:17 CET on 16-Jan-2006 [Reply]

NO SUBJECT

I think what has happened here is that the camera has lightened the scene too much (it would surely have been rather dark in that area?) so to compensate, a good too would be Photoshop Curves.

Unfortunately the rock on the right is over-exposed and can't be remedied this way!

A nice scene that I would certainly have taken myself.

Mike Bywater at 15:30 CET on 23-Jan-2010 [Reply]