MyOlympus.org
The Photographic Community for Users of Olympus micro 4/3 digital cameras and E-series DSLRs

Morning Glory

Morning Glory
Copyright ©2006, Steve Elliott
Viewed times

Don't you just love it when the days starts out wet and grey and then the sun breaks through and bathes everything in its special light.

Photographer: Steve Elliott
Folder: Steve Elliott
Uploaded: 16-Feb-2006 13:09 CET
Current Rating: 9.00/2
View all ratings
Delete my rating
Model release available:
Camera: Olympus E300
Exposure time: 1/400
Aperture: F6.3
Focal length: 36mm
Lens: 14-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focusing method: iESP
ISO: 100
White balance: Clouds
Flash: no
Image format: RAW
Processing applied: Shot in Raw, converted to Jpeg with RSE, levels, sharpened and saved for Web in PS
Various: Graduated ND filter used to balance the sky.
Image resized to: 599x800

Comment/Rate Share this Image

NO SUBJECT

Quote:
"Don't you just love it when the days starts out wet and grey and then the sun breaks through and bathes everything in its special light."

Hi Steve,

The answer to your Question is YES.
It's just wonderful when you can see these things happen in nature.
It's also a pleaser when you can captured it with your camera.
Well done, very nice picture with a beautiful light....

cheers,

Fonzy - at 16:05 CET on 16-Feb-2006 [Reply]

Morning Glory

Looks very dramatic! Did you multiply the sky by any chance? I see the sky looks few stops brighter just along the horizon line on the hill. It is as if the mask brush was not thin enough.

I just opened it in PS, it looks even more interesting. Very nice shot, and great colors!

-

Sergey Green at 17:36 CET on 16-Feb-2006 [Reply]

NO SUBJECT

> Hi Steve,
>
> The answer to your Question is YES.
> It's just wonderful when you can see these things happen in nature.
> It's also a pleaser when you can captured it with your camera.
> Well done, very nice picture with a beautiful light....
>
> cheers,
>
Thanks for your comments Fons always appreciated,
And how many times are you out when you get that once in a lifetime moment and you don't have your camera with you!!
Cheers Steve

Steve Elliott at 18:43 CET on 16-Feb-2006 [Reply]

NO SUBJECT

Sergey Green wrote:
> Looks very dramatic! Did you multiply the sky by any chance? I see the sky looks few stops
> brighter just along the horizon line on the hill. It is as if the mask brush was not thin enough.
>
> I just opened it in PS, it looks even more interesting. Very nice shot, and great colors!
>
> -
>

Thanks Sergey I'm pleased that you like my photo,
I have tweaked the levels to slightly darken the sky, but the lighter line on the horizon is there in the original shot as the sky was clearing after the stormy morning.
thanks for your comments
Cheers Steve

Steve Elliott at 18:56 CET on 16-Feb-2006 [Reply]

NO SUBJECT

Ole Bornak wrote:
> I am a big admirer of your picture Steve, very beautiful colours.
> Regards Ole.
>
Thanks for your comments Ole,
the weather has been so poor lately it was a real pleasure to be able to get out with my camera.
Cheers Steve

Steve Elliott at 22:54 CET on 16-Feb-2006 [Reply]